I believe Bio-Oil has been a known name to many living here in Singapore as Bio-Oil is widely available in our country. Most people know Bio-Oil as a scar recovery and anti-stretch mark miracle product, however, a recent workshop that I attended changed my perspective of Bio-Oil and made me realize that there is much more to this little product than what we think it can do.
Let's go on a discovery journey together to find out about the uses of Bio-Oil, shall we?
At the workshop, beautiful mother and daughter duo Wendy Jacobs and Iman Fandi shared with us how they incorporated Bio-Oil into their daily lives such as using Bio-Oil as a natural face and body moisturiser, mixing Bio-Oil with mayonnaise to be used as a hair mask, and they showed us how to create natural facial scrub using Bio-Oil.
Let's create our own Natural Facial Scrub!
The ingredients that we used are really simple and easily available in any supermarts, Manuka Honey, Salt, Lemon and Bio-Oil.
Behind all these ingredients, there are multiple benefits to choosing these ingredients over anything else.
Firstly, we get to Feed our Skin!
We give our skin the best ingredients with natural plant oils - Lavender, Calendula, Rosemary and Chamomile as well as vitamins A & E found in Bio-Oil.
Secondly, we Fight Acne and Nourish!
Feed your skin with manuka honey and give your face a healthy glow. Manuka is a monofloral honey obtained from bees that pollinate the manuka bush. Manuka honey works wonders for blemished and inflamed skin due to its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, plus as a natural humectant, it also helps increase hydration to the skin.
Thirdly, we Eliminate Spots and Scars!
Love the zesty wake-me up sensation that lemon has? Indulge your skin with lemons and allow your skin to detoxify and rejuvenate. Rich in Vitamin C and Citric acid, lemons pack a huge punch to fight free radicals and are often used to brighten up dull skin. Apart from reviving tired-looking skin, it also has antiseptic properties to help treat acne and various skin disorders, as well as reducing excessive oil on the skin.
Fourthly, we Smoothen & Purify!
Let your skin savour the renowned pink Himalayan sea salt! Use it to gently clean pores and exfoliate dead skin cells. Different from the usual table salt, Himalayan sea salt is mined from ancient sea beds. It is untainted by toxins and provides a rich source of trace minerals that will feed your skin and achieve a smooth and youthful skin.
The steps to creating our own natural facial scrub are simple too!
Adding honey and salt together:
Squeeze in some lemon juice:
Add your preferable amount of Bio-Oil and mix them all together.
And there we have it! Our most natural facial scrub!
At the workshop, I put the scrub to test to see if it is suitable for sensitive skin and how well it works in exfoliation and I have to say that I'm really impressed! After rinsing off the scrub, I noticed that my skin brightened, it became smoother and there's no feeling of greasiness on my skin at all.
Bio-Oil uses are endless, but here are some of the top 10 favourite ways to use shared by Bio-Oil fans from around the world!
1. Reduces the appearance of stretch mark - In a 2010 proDERM clinical study, 100% of subjects recorded an improvement in 8 weeks. Based on the study, 90% of subjects said Bio-Oil helped reduce the appearance of the pigmentation (colour).
2. Say goodbye to blotchiness and uneven skin tone - Base on the 2011 Stephens & Associates clinical study, after 12 weeks 86% of subjects using Bio-Oil showed a statistically significant improvement in uneven skin tone on the face.
3. Acne scars treatment - Try using Bio-Oil on the acne spot religiously to reduce the appearance of scars. Apply twice daily on the affected area for minimum of 3 months for best results to be seen. Do not use on broken skin.
4. Bio-Oil’s breakthrough ingredient PurCellin Oil™ is the ultimate delivery agent bringing the active ingredients deep into the skin for maximum skin benefits, as well as making the oil light and non-greasy.
5. Nourish ageing skin with Bio-Oil’s combination of vitamins A and E, Calendula, Lavender and Rosemary oils, and Chamomile extract.
6. Moisturise dry, cracked elbows, heels and skin calluses - Rub on Bio-Oil religiously to make them feel soft and moisturised.
7. Dry cuticles - Treat dry cuticles after nail treatments and hand wash.
8. Tame pesky fly-aways with Bio-Oil and use it as a hair serum.
9. Use as massage oil - Relax and treat your skin at the same time. Allow the ingredients of vitamins A & E, Calendula, Lavender and Rosemary oils, and Chamomile extract to keep you calm and moisturised.
10. Use Bio-Oil as a makeup primer right before your foundation for a dewy long-lasting finish.
At the workshop, CEO of Bio-Oil Singapore also shared with us the goodness of Bio-Oil.
Bio-Oil is clinically researched to be effective and safe for face and body.
Bio-Oil is safe for use on the face and body. It is hypoallergenic, non-acnegenic and suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin. Bio-Oil is also highly effective for numerous other skin concerns including ageing, dehydrated skin. Bio-Oil supplements the skin’s natural oily layer and is also a treatment to help restore the skin’s barrier function to retain moisture.
Discover Bio-Oil’s multi-purpose uses today! Whip up some DIY solutions to serve up a healthy remedy for your skin.
Another good news, Bio-Oil will be available in a larger size of 200ml in May 2015 at all leading pharmacies, department stores and hospitals.
Bio-Oil retail price in Singapore :
Lastly, ending off with our group photo! =)