Translate

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Scholl Compression Stockings Review

I guess Scholl compression stockings is a familiar product as we saw the advertisement on television quite frequently.

For me, I do experience foot ache or leg cramps on some days as I stand and walk around a lot. Sometimes, wearing heels or shoes that are uncomfortable do add pressure on my leg muscles, resulting in me experiencing leg muscle cramp in the middle of the night.
I turned to Scholl Compression Stockings to see if this product would be able to help reduce the disturbances I am facing with my leg muscles.


There are 2 sizes available. My leg muscles are quite huge, so I opted for L size which turns out to be a better fit for me.

Some general information that we might need to know.

What are the benefits of wearing compression stocking?
Medical studies have shown that wearing compression stocking every day can decrease all these complications (Varicose veins, Inflammation of the veins, Thrombosis and Venous ulcers).

How compression stocking works?
Compression stocking works with your body to help you to keep your blood flowing back from your legs up towards your heart. Your Scholl compression stockings, socks and tights help you to achieve this in two ways:

Overall compression
Your legs are gently squeezed, which:
Helps to reduce the blood flow through the veins closest to your skin surface
Brings the vein walls, and more importantly the valve cusps closer together (to help prevent the blood flowing back towards your feet)

Graduated compression
Scholl stocking uses 'graduated compression', where the pressure gets lighter as it goes up your legs.
You will notice that they are tighter round your ankle than round your calf and, if you wear tights or thigh length stockings, they will be tighter round your calf than round your thigh.

This progressive reduction in compression is a particularly effective way to push blood up your leg.
The compression strength reduces as it moves up the leg area.

I put the Scholl Compression Stockings on before I hit the bed and as you can see, after a day of exerting pressures on the legs, my thigh and calf muscles looked like they have expanded.

When I have the Scholl Compression Stockings on, I could feel the blood circulation through my leg area as the stockings exert some form of compression on my legs. The stocking feels really comfortable and I am glad that it did not feel too warm in Singapore's weather. As my skin is also quite sensitive, I am glad that the smooth texture of the stockings did not cause me any skin itchiness or irritation.

Here's an image of my legs taken the next morning when I woke up. I realised that my thigh and calf muscles do appear slightly smaller but the most important thing is that I did not experience leg cramp in the middle of the night anymore.

I am happy with my experience with Scholl Compression Stockings.

Scholl Compression Long
Retail Price: S$53.20

Scholl Compression Leggings
Retail Price: S$64.55



Available in Watsons and Guardian outlets.

xoxo,
Yvonne
Follow me on Instagram and Twitter at @SimYvonne

5 comments:

  1. Hi,

    May I ask which branch of Watsons/ Guardian did you buy this product from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ting Seet, this product can be purchased from any Watsons and Guardian outlets.

      Cheers,
      Yvonne

      Delete
  2. I like the valuable information you provide in your articles.
    I will bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly.
    I'm quite certain I will learn many new stuff right here!

    Good luck for the next!

    Feel free to surf to my web blog ... fast weight loss diet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your article.
    I wanted to write a little comment to support you.


    Here is my weblog sexy leggings for women []

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post. I used tto be checking constantly this weblog and I am impressed!
    Very helpful ifo particularly thhe last part :) I handle such info much.
    I used tto be seeking this certain info for a very lengthy
    time. Thanks and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...